Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering
8803 Brecksville Road, Suite 7-216, Cleveland, Ohio 44141
phone: 440-838-1191 fax: 440-838-1192
email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
website: www.maddenforensic.com, www.maafe.com
Our Work - For over 30 years we have specialized in the investigation, engineering analysis, and reconstruction of accidents and incidents causing injury, death and property damage, and the engineering analysis of the safety of products, equipment and facilities involved in accidents and incidents. We have performed this work for both plaintiffs and defendants over this whole period.
The results of our work can be, and are regularly, presented in client consultations, written expert reports, and affidavits, as well as in expert testimony in deposition, arbitration and trial. The presentation of the results of our work is determined by the requirements for the matter, and as requested by the client.
While looking in the list below for a forensic specialty click on underlined text to go to specialties list, keep in mind that most of these forensic specialties are known by a number of different names, all of which may not be on the list. If a forensic specialty may be what you are looking for, but by a name you do not expect, you can check the description by clicking on 'summary' or 'detail' next to the name on the list.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question about the work we do or how we would handle your matter. Of course, there is no charge for such consultation. Initial phone consultation is always free and available to meet your schedule, including outside normal office hours.
If your matter is within the forensic areas in which we work click on underlined text to go to specialties list, which are listed immediately below and in summary form on the specialties section of the left sidebar, please contact us to discuss this matter with us. If you are not sure whether your matter is within our area of work, we would like to discuss the matter with you to determine if it is something within our work area, and if it is, we would like discuss with you how we could handle your matter.
Over the last 30 years we have regularly worked on accidents which occurred in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York and nearby, including inspections of accident sites, equipment, and facilities, with reports and testimony. During these 30 years we have also worked on accidents which occurred in other states, and equipment and facilities located in other states, with inspections of accident sites, equipment, and facilities, from Kansas and Utah to Vermont and North Carolina, with reports and testimony for these accidents, when applicable.
Geographic Area of Work is North America
Our work investigating, analyzing and reconstructing accidents, and presenting the results, may include any
or all of the following, depending on the needs of the case:
● inspection of the accident site, such as a roadway, outdoor facilities, building or industrial facilities
● inspection of the involved equipment, during operation (such as industrial equipment), or in damaged
condition (such as crashed vehicles)
● interviewing witnesses (often during the inspection of the accident site, product and/or equipment)
● coordinating or interfacing with others while they are preparing specialized exhibits such as video
animations and videos of demonstrations
● review and study of case documents, evidence and applicable codes, standards and recommended practices
● written reports and affidavits, and exhibits
● drawings, calculations, graphical analyses, computer analyses, etc.
as required to analyze and reconstruct the accident, and
to present the engineering analysis and reconstruction
● testing accident items and exemplar items (such as consumer products)
● photography and/or video of the accident site and involved equipment
● testimony in deposition, trial and arbitration
Our Typical Work Activities and Products, when warranted by the case
* in work in all specialties
For more on qualifications click on >>>
James D. Madden, P.E., while performing Forensic Engineering work full-time for over
the last 30 years, for both plaintiff and defendant, has to date*:
Forensic Engineering Work by Senior Forensic Engineer James D. Madden, P.E.
● completed over 1000 cases
● written and issued over 600 reports
● testified in over 90 depositions
● written and issued over 60 affidavits
● testified in over 75 trials
● verbal reports, by telephone or in face-to-face conferences
We present the results of our investigations, engineering analyses and reconstructions in
the client's choice of any, or all, of the following:
Presentation of results of our work
● written reports and affidavits
● deposition testimony, including video deposition
● trial testimony and arbitration testimony
The qualifications of James D. Madden, P.E., Senior Forensic Engineer, Consulting and Testifying Forensic Engineer and Accident Reconstruction Engineer,
Download a Summary or Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume' for James D. Madden, P.E.,
by clicking on the buttons below for printable pdfs of the CVs.
Qualifications of James D. Madden, P.E., Senior Forensic Engineer
Download Curriculum Vitae
are listed on the Expertise and Work & Specialties pages (click on buttons to the left).
For mailing address, phone, fax and email address click a button below the Fee Schedule section.
Contact us by phone, fax, mail or email for a copy of the Fee Schedule for charges for engineering and consulting services and testimony. Click a button below for contact information.
Consultation is available before starting a case. We invite you to consult with us.
There is no charge for an initial phone consultation.
Call us, or if you prefer we can schedule the consultation in advance.
Consultation with James D. Madden, PE, a Professional Engineer, and Forensic
Engineering Consulting and Testifying Expert Witness, is available to the client at all
times during the work - before, during, and after the investigation,
engineering analysis, reconstruction, report, and any other work on the case.
● premises, building and property accidents, including slips, trips and falls summary • details ● workplace - construction, industrial & commercial operations and facilities summary • details ● traffic accidents, traffic crashes, including roadway design and condition summary • details
▪ with work in the following specialties as part of the work with the specialties listed above:
● hazardous combustion, including causing carbon monoxide poisoning summary • details
We do work in the following forensic specialties:
click on "summary" or "details" for Specialty information
● industrial, commercial and construction equipment, machinery summary • details
Use the Search Box at the left to search the whole website.
Use Control F, 'Ctrl' + 'F', to locate specific words on this page.
Copyright 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 by Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering. All rights reserved. This website contains photographs which are licensed with restrictions that prohibit downloading, reproduction, re-publication or re-transmission .
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer, James D. Madden, P.E., a licensed professional engineer, has performed Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses and Accident Reconstructions routinely for accidents, incidents and cases located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New York, in the technical areas which are noted in this website, as well as providing expert reports and testifying in court proceedings in these states in the capacity of an Expert Witness, including depositions, arbitrations and/or trials, with Forensic Engineering work also performed in, and/or for cases in, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Vermont and Utah.
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer, James D. Madden, P.E., a licensed professional engineer, has performed Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses and Accident Reconstructions for accidents, incidents and cases in the metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Toledo, Warren, Youngstown, Mansfield, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Lima, Findlay, Marietta and Steubenville, as well elsewhere throughout Ohio, and the metropolitan areas of Pittsburgh and Erie, as well as elsewhere throughout western and central Pennsylvania, and the metropolitan areas of Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Flint and Port Huron, as well as elsewhere in southern Michigan, and the metropolitan areas of Buffalo and Syracuse, as well as elsewhere in western and central New York state. In many of these areas James D. Madden, P.E. has provided expert reports and testified in the capacity of an Expert Witness in court proceedings, including depositions, arbitrations and/or trials.
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer James D. Madden, P.E., is available for Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses, Accident Reconstructions, and testimony in deposition, arbitration and trial, for cases located throughout North America.
Contact us for more information ▪ ph 440-838-1191 ▪ email@example.com
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering
30 Years Investigating, Analyzing, Reconstructing and Testifying about Accidents
James D. Madden, P.E. is our Senior Forensic Engineer,
Accident Reconstructionist and Engineering Expert Witness
Links on all pages of This Website, in addition to the Links on the Left Sidebar, include:
(1) Page Titles - click on the Title to link to page Table of Contents or other appropriate page location
(2) squares [■] with words to the right - click on the words
(3) underlined squares [ ■ ] with words to the right - click on the underlined squares
(4) underlined words [ example ] - click on the underlined words
(5) words with a colored background (excluding section headings) - click on the words
(6) bullets [●] with words to the right (excluding lists in paragraphs) - click on the words
This website was designed in Google Chrome, with adjustments for Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. This website will function in Chrome and Chrome-based browsers, including Opera and Torch. This website will also function in Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer, with some minor layout and text issues possible. This website may not function in Safari.
■ Number of ● Cases worked on ● Reports issued ● Affidavits issued ●Testimonies under oath
click on the underlined squares to link to the subject
Table of Contents for Home Page - Introduction - links to content on this page
■ Typical Work Activities ■ Presentation of Work Results ■ Senior Engineer's Qualifications ■ Curriculum Vitae / Resume' (left boxes) ■ Fees, Contact Information ■ Geographic Area of Work ■ Links to Other Pages (left sidebars)